"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affectations glow and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Off to Santa Fe


Tomorrow morning, I am off to Santa Fe!  This is, next to New York, my most beloved city.  I spent  11 glorious Summers here....  I haven't been in four years....my Ex (and Bofie) invited me to meet them this year...so, armed with a new camera, I decided to go! I will take a lot of photos of *my* Santa Fe...and look forward to sharing them with you.




Chimayo...a beautiful Church - which also has a fantastic restaurant next door.   




The Santa Fe Opera House....a truly unique and enchanting place to experience live Opera!  The sunsets are magical...and the performances don't start UNTIL the sun begins to set...sometimes, there are thunder/lightning storms - which heighten the experience.  I will only be there for a few rehearsals, bt it will be wonderful to be there again.




No trip to the Southwest would be complete without......Margaritas!   Deliciouso!


I'll be back in a week....and just MAY be able to post from there.....  (we'll see....more on this later).


Sending you all many hugs and much love!  Via con Dios!

♥ Robin ♥

14 comments:

  1. Oh my Robin. You are quite the traveler this spring. Lucky you. I too love santa fe. though never been to the opera. well, have a glorious time and i know you will be excited to spend quality time with Bofie. cant wait to see your pictures and hear your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!!! My friend always says I MUST go to Santa fe as it is the most beautiful place and filled with inspiration. Can't wait to see and hear all about it.

    Big travel hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun and you get to see your Bofie again. Have a wonderful time. Hope you figured out your new camera. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this trip will be fun dear!
    Vaya con Dios dear!
    Glad you have a good camera with you , although I have to chuckle when I think of you and your pen operated oldie........
    I see I have a large opera post I missed but I will be back to read that one when I have more time.
    Just want to wish you a safe wonderful trip.
    Lots of hugs to Bofie :)
    ♥M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an AMAZING time! I have always wanted to see the southwest....Santa Fe sounds like a magical place to be.
    Looking forward to photos, photos, PHOTOS! (tho I'll probably be checking them *after* my excitement...)
    Safe trip and ♥♥♥

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Trails to you! Wishing you a wonderful time. Oh how I love that little church.
    **kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, look forward to the photos when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe, relaxing, enjoyable trip, love. I am too looking forward to those photos. Take care and have fun, hugs from all of us here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's wishing you the best time! i too love santa fe: i can still remember so much from my two visits there.

    how great that you will have a new camera! that alone is a gem of a companion

    have fun :^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I am off to Santa Fe!"

    Better Santa Fe than Kabul Baghdad, I always say, and I bet you do too! I think it was just last year that Dennis Hopper was buried up the road in Taos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing place that can become addictive.
    And be careful, you may come back wanting to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "you may come back wanting to paint!"

    And why would she come back? What do you think, Robin, could you see yourself living in Santa Fe? It's kind of locked away as a cultural oasis, I know, but all that wide open country in New Mexico is awfully beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. waiting to hear all about this trip....i love santa fe - there is something so very mysterious about the landscape there!! give a pat to bofie for me!

    xoxo
    amanda

    ReplyDelete