"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affectations glow and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."


Saturday, July 23, 2011

*Sun* Days

If you "embiggen" this, you will see a dog in the water, ball in mouth, swimming back to his owner!
As all of you know, Summer in San Francisco is NOT like Summer in most other places...  as we have water on three sides of our City, the heat generated from the valleys more inland (where the weather is *typical* in Summer - 30, 40 - even 50 degrees warmer) draws in the Fog....and those of who dwell here live (for months) under a blanket of grey skies.  So.....it was a delicious treat to have a few days of sunshine, warmth (70's) and blue skies.  I went out for several long hikes....  come along with me!


"Embiggen" this one too...to see a few Sea Birds on the inlet... the one on the tip has a gorgeous curved bill...but he was too speedy for me to capture him when his bill was totally revealed!


Ummmm..........smells delicious....and you KNOW I love the colour!

More photos from my sunny walks soon  but I leave you with  a  view  of the GG Bridge yesterday afternoon.....yes....here comes the Fog!



I know most of you are sweltering with 100 degree temps.... I am blowing some cooling fog Eastwards to all!  Don't forget to drink lots of water - and make sure your animals do too!

Love, from under a blanket of Greyness,

♥ Robin ♥




16 comments:

  1. Love the photo walk, and the heart shape stone too!
    Beautiful out there....miss it much!
    Thanks for the pleasant memories~~♥♥♥

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. 85 is forecast for Eugene today, and, boy, am I bummed! I didn't live in Mississippi for 36 years just so I could come to Oregon and sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, I now think of you EVERY time I hike in the Presidio.... more photos to come soon.....

    Love from Foggy SF,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNOW!!!! I am always happy when I see you have visited - even if it is *complain* anout the weather!!! Oooh, I would love an 85 degree day.... sigh...here, we are back to fog and 55..... blow some of that *hot air* South to me!!!!!

    Hugs to all,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm no good at blowing weather, but you might want to drive up and get a trunkful. You would be welcome to stay with Peggy and me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wrobin, i'm glad to see evidence that the sun will shine upon you :^). i don't know how i would do with so much grey or fog. i fell in love with seattle but i kind of craved the sun.

    p.s. i heard new england in october will be offering bottles of sunshine with no expiration date.... :^)


    kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that familiar fog bank!!! It's amazing how much the temps drop when that puppy comes in. When I worked at an inn in Pacific grove many of our guest were from Fresno or Sac trying to escape the heat. They couldn't believe I complained about the fog! As you know, it's depressing on an every day basis.

    I'm so glad you had a couple of days of sunshine and great hikes! And it's always fun catching up by phone :)

    xoxo
    Lo♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you had some sun to bask in. i just love that first photo. is it ok if I put it on my desktop???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow, thank you for the invitation....if I had a car, I might take you up on it...but, alas, I have been without one for several years now.... another side-effect of listening to my Ex... I do have a good friend in the Portland area - so if I ever get t visit her, I would love to stop and meet you, Peggy, Blue AND Brewsky!

    Hugs from (sigh) foggy SF!

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. KJ, the weather has definitely changed here these past two years....we have NEVER had so much non-stop greyness.... it is hard - even when life is going swimmingly...

    I hope you are right and the "Weather Gods" will bring sunshine and mild temps (and coloured leaves) to the NE in October!!!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lo, how blessed I am to have a BS who understands..... it was wonderful to have those few days of sun.... glad I took photos...otherwise I would have thought I dreamt it all!

    Love,

    ♥ LS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suki - anything of mine IS yours too.....please use that photo. I KNOW that SF still retains a piece of your ♥.

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a lovely hike and I enjoyed your photos. I never actually lived in SFC, but often visited and always enjoyed my stay. I suppose there is good and not so good said about almost every place you live, but as long as the good outweigh the bad, it's pretty nice ;-) I miss the cool breezes I got from living near the beach and this stagnant humidity is really doing me in while Gizzy's sleeping his life away ;-) Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a fantastic week ahead.
    We love you,
    Doris and the Gizzy (woof-woof)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i adore......and collect heart shaped stones as well ♡♡

    awaiting your bank of cool fog, dear robin (i think a little bit blew over last night and dropped our temperature almost 20 degrees for a bit!)

    but today it's back to boiling and anytime i hug someone lately i'm sweating, so sending sweaty hugs (sorry!) your way (hehe) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just had a coffee break.......
    I found out I forgot to paint a shelf for Felix so I did that this morning. So I can do it again when I come home.
    That constant fog would depress me!!!! I am glad you had a few sunny days and I hope for your sake also ;) that upcoming days will be sunny.......
    Back to packing my stuff now.

    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glorious! You are making this Midwestern girl feel very landlocked! <3

    ReplyDelete