"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affectations glow and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."


Friday, October 19, 2012

A Friday Potpourri of Photos

As most of you who follow this blog know, last week I learned the building where I have lived (on and off...but paid rent ) for 18 years is now up for sale. Life has taken a definite turn ....

But, I AM a survivor.  The past four years, meeting many of you (first and foremost Renee) have taught me how to stand up for myself, to try not to be fearful...and to believe in ME.....and YOU..my true friends.

So, here are a few of the photos I have taken in the past week to prove just that....I AM moving ahead with my life....I am living it to the fullest while I wait to see what will happen to my home.


Taken at the German Consulate last Sunday with Jay Hunter Morris, *Captain  Ahab* in our current production of *Moby Dick* and *Siegfried* in the Met's HD Broadcasts.
 On my hike today - a foggy, drizzily day...

Enroute - down the *easy part* of the Lyon Street Steps

Mr. Starling prepares to sings for me...  (ah, I know, I should have recorded his song.....)

Pelican #1

A ship appears under the Golden Gate (trust me, the bridge is there)...

Pelican #2

Two of Lo's Ever-present Ravens atop Ft. Point under the Golden Gate Bridge....guess they felt the warning sign didn't apply to them!  A-ha-ha!

The misty view from the Bridge...


The view from the other side....

Foggy!

A Tern, asleep.....look at that one-legged position!

I saw something I wanted to photograph..so I had to cross this little bridge....much to the displeasure of the Gulls! (Believe me, they let me know they were NOT pleased!)

Pelican #3

Mr. Snowy Egret has an itch!

Pelican #3  closer....

Rare (at least for me, to see 2 Egrets together....perhaps Mum and Babe)?

Pelican #3..from the other side..he was so kind to wait for me!

Enroute to the Lyon Street Steps and home.....I stopped to see Blanche and Blue Boy - the parents of the six Cygnets.  They were hard at work - grooming! (My beloved Galahad - the grey Cygnet and his three brothers are no longer here....I found out what happened to them - and will post about it soon.  They are ALL OK.)


Blanche in all her glory...... It's *Swan Lake* and *Lohengrin* combined!

Lastly...I came across the gorgeous lilac-coloured plant with it's carpet of fallen petals....  ah, so inspiring!

Posts will be a little scarce these days..between Opera performances....and waiting to see what happens with my home...well...I think you can understand.  Please keep me in your prayers.

Love to each and every one,

♥ Robin ♥

13 comments:

  1. One could almost imagine that there are a lot of birds around San Francisco but relatively few laughing hyenas. (I am practicing my Sherlock Holme's-like powers of deduction). Aside from that, it looks like a great place. I am very, very sorry that the future of your home is uncertain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Dear *Sherlock*....oops, I mean *Snow*!
      Your deductions ARE correct - there are many birds by the Water.....including a certain *Robin*! A-ha-ha! Very few Laughing Hyenas...(the four-legged ones)!

      I have meant to comment on your last post - it was an insightful one!!!!

      Thank you for your sweet words regarding my home... YOU are one of those friends who have enriched my life!

      Love,

      ♥ Robin

      Delete
  2. Ah, lovely photos. and so sorry about all the worry and concern about the apartment. you have been there a long time, settled in. Changes are challenging. Onward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin, such shocking news about your home. Isn't life strange with all the curves it throws us?! And yet we survive just as you will survive and remember the good times. I am a firm believer in 'things happen for a reason'.
    I am indeed praying for you.
    Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin - when someone buys a building they are usually very happy to have long paying tenants, so keep your hopes up and don't despair! Meanwhile enjoy that lovely city, and keep taking pics of the birds, and all the wonderful animals you see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is unsettling. I am a believer that when one door shuts another opens (even if I lose sight of that myself when I feel a door slamming!) so I know you will be okay. But definitely thinking about you as you wait to see what happens.

    And great, great photos of the pelicans and such. But my favorites are the one of you at the top and the petals at the bottom.

    Terrible typo, so I re-wrote it! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well things don't sell well right now so maybe it will just sit there. Of course that is unsettling too. but Mim is right, people like paying tenants so hopefully all will be fine. Worrying wont change anything so best to live life and enjoy it and deal with things if and when it happens. Thinking of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh.. and you took some GREAT photos here too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been in my thought dear!
    Nice post with lovely pictures. despite of the fog there are lovely just like life I guess, despite of all it's ups and downs always worth while if you see the beauty which is always there. And you do I know that's why you will pull through this tough time dear

    Take care!
    ♥M

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am thinking of you dear robin, and sending thoughts filled with abundance, hope and love your way. with the generous and positive attitude that you exude towards life, there is NO QUESTION that generosity will flow back to you from the universe. we just never know the form it will take so keep all your options open and expect the unexpected to happen.

    big hugs, dear twin, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers♡

    xoxo
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaah, life often is very like your weather: foggy, misty, and unclear.
    Even though we sometimes aren't able to see that safe bridge through the fog, we know it's still there, providing safe footing and comfort.
    Loving all your bird shots, and keeping you in my prayers.
    XO

    ReplyDelete