"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affectations glow and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."


Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1st!

Ah, I was never so happy to turn over a calendar page!  Today, though sunny and fairly warm, is WINDY!  Up to 50 mph gusts!  So....of course, I decided to go out it in and celebrate a new month.  Come along on my hike!

 I should have *filmed* this so you could see the branches waving frantically!



The Estuary near the Golden Gate Bridge was at really low tide...and most of the Sea Gulls decided to stay here and rest from all the wind!





Mr. Egret was busy looking for lunch!



Alcatraz.....  not a good day to plan an *escape*....a-ha-ha!




Three Pelicans decided a little wind was not going to stop their flights!


Look at those whitecaps!









Headed back for the home hike ..and I saw a big SPLASH!




 A Pelican had landed in the lagoon!  I tried to catch him diving up into the air, then *dive-bombing* into the water for his lunch....but..darn, I couldn't make the shot!  However, after he swallowed his fish...(yep, I saw him do it)..I did photograph him as he took to the air and back to the ocean!

It was an exhilarating  day...and a wonderful beginning to December!  I hope you enjoyed hiking along with me.

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

7 comments:

  1. What a neat walk through nature.
    Thank you for all your sweet words of comfort. They mean the world to me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun walk. I love that first photo of the top of the palm tree. Looked like an invigoratating day to be out in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunate you,,,to be able to take a walk and see such fascinating beauty.
    All wonderful photos, but there's something 'specially wonderful about the gulls and the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the walk. was wearing my windbreaker. i love the first long shot of the bridge. a new month, the start of a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing a delightful December day! We had a gorgeous sunset, but I only took a picture in my mind :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes this is a promising start of a new month.
    I am glad November is over for you! Although we met in November that was fun :)
    Well I hope all your friends and loved ones stay healthy now and I am thinking of those who have to battle something.
    What beautiful pictures dear! I bet this gave you new energy!
    The egret and the pelicans, you know I saw the moving images in my head.......
    You take care!
    Enjoy your weekend and your last Carmen ;)

    ♥M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, I could feel that strong wind whipping the leaves, branches and I'll bet your hair around! What a great walk! I've been there, so it was like visiting an old friend, along with you. I hope you're weekend is going really well, Robin! xx

    ReplyDelete