"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affectations glow and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."


Sunday, November 14, 2010

Autumn in San Francisco

Ah, today was extraordinary...it was 75 degrees....in November!  (Usually our rainy season!)
I guess "Mother Nature" is playing a joke on us all..after the coldest, greyest, wettest "Summer" in 40 years, now, in November, when we should be shivering under cold, wet and windy skies.... it is warm and lovely!  (At least for a few days..)

Yesterday, I went down to the Ferry Building - where there is an amazing "Farmer's Market"....

I succombed to the intoxicating colours, the hypnotic aromas.....I bought red, yellow and green peppers, cucumbers...lavender-infused cheese...... and tonight, I am making a pasta with most of these ingredients....plus a crusty San Francisco Sourdough and a Pinot Noir for Dinner....  I am feeling happy and warm and full of hope....

I send you all a big hug and love...  we are all in different States, in different countries, but we ARE a family.... it is a wonderful feeling....

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

8 comments:

  1. The first Thanksgiving I spent in CA, was in Emeryville where my brother was living. We put the turkey in the oven and went down to the pool to swim. I couldn't get over it, since it was snowing at home.
    Hope all is going well friend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are having some lovely days. the farmer's market sounds lovely as does the meal you concocted from your gatherings. hugs to you too, love, suki

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps the mission was well acted with beautiful scenery. a bit long and slow at first but it picked up speed in the middle. I would give it a six out of ten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are finally having the wonderful weather you have been waiting for in the summer.
    here in Japan we are having grey dull weather with a little rain. Well That's ok, gives me time to relax .
    Home is it much colder.... but I look forward to go home tomorrow.

    That pasta sounds yummy. I love pasta.
    Glad you are enjoying the warmth of the weather and friends surrounding you from near and far!

    love
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ferry building!! They do have so many wonderful gourmet items there.

    So glad you're having sunshine, LS :)

    It's been sunny in the 60's for a couple of days, but alas the grey is moving in.
    I'm off to walk SH in a few minutes and walk off some of yesterday's food!

    Talk to you later.

    xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are soaking up that magical Californian sun! I know it's so healing for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thats just what we wanted for you,SUN my Mom is rather jealous,well to be honoust Me to :))
    Tonight whe also ate Pasta,the Belle and the beastversion with meatballs mmm,don't tell Ruud but I got some.
    Beautiful Pics you made,and farmersmarket one thing to be proud of.
    Big wet kiss from ,
    Mr.B.
    p.s Marja hugs you to

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something so satisfying about sunny days in the rainy season. In deepest Wiltshire winter is generally made up of a few weeks of sub-zero temperatures and 4 months of perpetual dank skies & drizzle. But ... every once in a while a sunny day!!! We shed our raincoats and wellies and hope against hope for a recurrence. There are times when I wonder why I wish so much instead of remembering to enjoy. Huh ... pretty stupid eh?

    Robin, we're off to the opera next weekend. I have printed off quite a long synopsis of the plot. I have lined up a couple of evenings next week to listen to the highlights on youtube, and I've borrowed Trevs sat nav so we don't get lost on the way there this time. Yes I was a girl guide in a former life ... can you tell.

    Love the photos. And now I am hungry for pasta. Yum. xx Jos

    ReplyDelete