"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affectations glow and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Birds - Animal Wednesday



Although it is grey and rainy here..(we actually set a record for June Rainfall), it is SUMMER where most of you live....so I thought I would post this. An interesting video - I am always so fascinated by birds...
The Male Woodpecker is gorgeous - but such a little "Devil"...chasing the other birds away!  His mate (litttle "plain Jane" - with no colour but drab brown) doesn't seem nearly as aggressive! 

I particularly love the "symphony" of bird voices in the background... how lovely to hear that!

HAW to one and all!

Love,

♥ Robin ♥

9 comments:

  1. They are all so lovely!! I could be watching birds all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, lotsa love from a sort of summery London. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also hear traffic noises. we have a woodpecker here who pecks on the exterior house wall. i am hard put to imagine he finds bugs in it, but he keeps on coming.

    if it makes you feel any better, today is grey and drizzly here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all the charachters in my backyard! Plus I'm overrun with grackles :'(

    They could even be my hydrangeas! Did you get the email with the photos of my yard? I love watching the birds at the feeders. The squirrels too! My neighbor calls me the bird lady from Alcatraz!

    Talk soon~

    xoxo
    BS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to stop watching your bird videos when Sunshine is around--drives her nuts. lol
    She listens to the birds here and has actually picked up a whistle from them.
    We love the birds.
    Your place sounds like Seattle with all the rain.

    HAW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could have been Lo's Garden with those flowers!!!!
    Too bad about that awful weather!!!! well June is nearly over so now lets set our hop on July for a hot summer month filled with sunshine for you!!!!!!
    HAW! (always late)
    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was it mark twain who talked about a summer in SF being winter? Oh well - it's a lovely peaceful video and fun to watch. I often hear woodpeckers but don't see them often.
    hAW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear more rain? we've had a lot of fog, and that's hard too (you know). i hope HOPE you see the sun soon!

    LOVE woodpeckers! we don't have any in our neighborhood, but don't have to go very far to find one, only about 20 minutes away!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I get these guys at my feeders. I love the whole bird feeder community.

    ReplyDelete